Infrastructure Asset Management ~Construction ~Training
Snapshot: Senior visionary accomplished business management professional seeks a challenging leadership position to leverage multifaceted competencies and deliver outstanding results aligned to corporate goals & objectives.
- Versatile enterprising entrepreneurial professional with 25+ years of rich diverse leadership experience in infrastructure asset management, international procurement, human resources and training & development.
- Proven competence in procuring materials & equipment required for large construction projects meeting British & European standards by developing vendors in China and Malaysia.
- Extensive experience in infrastructure asset management including preparation of shop & as-built documentation for buried assets like water supply and sewerage systems.
- Capable of developing, implementing, reviewing & updating processes, systems, policies & procedures for smooth and flawless business operations.
- Skilled in formulating & executing strategies & plans to deliver business objectives of revenues, profit, market share & sustainable growth.
- Deft in building & sustaining productive stakeholder relations and leading, mentoring & motivating professional teams eliciting superior performances.
- Proactive, adaptable, achievement driven professional with excellent communication, problem solving, decision making, planning & execution skills.
- Independent Business Consultant and cooperative party with ALFURQAN & RAMFORD companies, Sep. 2021 up to date.
- ALFURQAN, Abu Dhabi, UAE. The Company provide services in fields of Real Estate Development, Energy, Construction, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure, Finance & Investments. International Development Manager, 1st. Mar. 2020 to June 2021.
- Balad Prosperity Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. The company provides services in the fields of student recruitment, HR training & development, business consultancy and infrastructure asset management, Managing Director, February 2015 to Oct 2019.
- Seagull Resources Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, International Procurement Director, February 2013 – January 2015 – Supported international clients in sourcing various products from Malaysia at competitive prices & terms.
- Khayrat Al-Shamal Company for Trade & Building Contracts, Ibri Oman, Assistant Director, February 2009 – February 2013 – Managed construction contracts for 6 housing projects with a total value of approximately OMR 100, 000 in a period of four years. Directed & controlled all activities including finance & budgeting, manpower planning & mobilization, materials procurement, site preparation and coordination of work programs.
- BSC Group, Beijing China – The company was a British real estate developer with several projects in Manchester UK, Chief Representative – Regional Office, China, May 2005 – December 2008 – Represented the group companies: BS Construction (Construction), Builders Fix (Procurement) & High Standard Design. Led a staff of 26 in multiple teams: office (manager, cashier, and secretary), package fabrication (civil engineers – steel structure, electrical engineer, and quantity surveyor), procurement & purchasing, warehousing (quality controllers, warehouse keeper, shipping executive, and guards) and accountants. Developed 15-20 vendors around China for design, procurement & export of materials required for projects in UK including fabricated items. Procured materials with a total value of GBP 15,500,000.
- BSC Group, Beijing China, Office Manager – Regional Office China, November 2004 – May 2005 – Supervised the company office in Beijing dealing with all technical, commercial & financial matters. Reviewed & updated office work plans and work procedures. Trained & qualified employees in technical & administrative areas to meet company standards. Coordinated the fabrication of steel structure sections related to Issa quay project in UAE which were shipped to UK later.
- BSC Group, Amman Jordan, Manager Assistant – Commercial Department & Draftsman, Sep 2003 – Nov 2004
- Draftsman: Supervised preparation of drawings for architectural & civil works, mock-up models, coordinated with designers of steel works & concrete works, conducted quantity surveys for electromechanical requirements of projects and drafted electrical & mechanical drawings for project proposals.
- Commercial Department: Coordinated procurement of materials required for projects from global & local sources at suitable quality & prices, packing & shipping the materials to projects sites in England.
- Financial Transactions: Managed global & domestic bank transactions including letters of credit (LC), telegraphic transfers (TT), insurance, foreign exchange and maintenance of financial records.
- Bosheh Contracting Establishment (BCE), Amman Jordan, Draftsman, March 2002 – Sep 2003
- Al-Shahba Contracting Establishment, Amman Jordan, Draftsman (Part-time), November 2002 – Sep 2003
- Associated Transtech Contracting (ASTRACO), Amman Jordan, Draftsman, September 2001 – March 2002
- The Construction Company for Contracts & Building, Petra Jordan, Draftsman, November 1998 – August 2000
- Freelance Draughtsman & Site Supervisor, Jordan, May 1998 – October 1998 – Supervised execution of small construction contracts for private houses. Worked as part-time draftsman in the office of Eng. Khalid S Al Ma’ani Bureau for Design
- Associated Transtech Contracting (ASTRACO), Amman Jordan, Draftsman, September 1997 – February 1998
- Samerco Contracting Company for Construction, Petra Jordan, Draftsman, April 1997 – July 1997 – Prepared architectural shop drawings for Nawaflah Tourist Village, Wadi Mousa Petra
- Associated Transtech Contracting (ASTRACO), Amman Jordan, Draftsman, September 1995 – February 1997
- International Contracting Company, Basra Iraq, Draftsman, October 1994 – Jun 1995 – Performed office & site duties for projects including construction of workshops
- Al-Habbubi M.Sh. Contracting Company, Iraq, Draftsman (Part-time & full-time jobs), August 1986 – August 1994 – Dealt with office & site works for projects including construction of workshops
- Poultry Farm, Iraq, Private Investment, May 1992 – August 1994
- Private Hotel manager, Basrah, Iraq, October 1979 – February 1991
- Compulsory Military Service – Iraq Army, Engineers division, Oct 1979 – March 1989.
Projects – Construction in Oman
Khayrat Al-Shamal Company for Trade & Building Contracts, Ibri Oman
Managing 5 house residential projects in different areas of IBRI city of Oman. The management was including technical and administrative trends relate to procurement, purchase of required materials for constructing those projects. Supervising on site works of excavation and foundations built up by 20 labour workers, supervisors, steel reinforcement, carpenters pipe fitters, electricians and others. Budgeting and financial control of expenditures were main responsibilities and objectives that should be achieved.
Projects – Procurement from China
BSC Group, Beijing China
- Managed procurement of materials & equipment for the projects as per applicable British standards & codes or approved equivalent standards. Coordinated with project designers, consultants, site engineers & supervisors to ensure that all procured items matched project requirements in quantity, quality & specifications. Managed the complete procurement cycle from identifying & qualifying vendors through tendering, bid evaluation, negotiation & ordering, expediting supplies and packing & despatch to UK project sites
- Issa Quay Project, 81 Dale Street, Manchester UK Value of Procurement: GBP 2.8 million
- Fabricated steel structures including alignment of members, location of plates, welding & painting
- Fabricated steel fire escape ladders as per approved drawings shipped in sections in containers with other items.
- Fabrication of fireproof doors, aluminium doors & windows, curtain walls, balconies, balustrades & cladding as per samples approved by the consultant & designer in UK
- Partition walls made of gypsum boards of various sizes, metal sheets & standard studs
- Cables & wires as per approved samples complying with British standards & codes, electrical package items including distribution boards & main switches
- Elevators & accessories – signed contractors for manufacture & supply of 2 elevators as per specific project requirements and applicable UK manufacturing and H&S standards & codes
- Low current system packages – fire alarm systems, emergency lighting systems, intercom systems – from China branches of European companies.
- Normal & fireproof paints for buildings as per project specific requirements
- Construction equipment – cranes & hoists, concrete pumps, concrete mixers, electrical generators, loading platforms, cradles, safety guard rails
- Ancoats Village Project, Great Ancoats Street, Manchester UK Value of Procurement: GBP 4.3 million and Sarah Tower Project, Lena Street Manchester UK Value of Procurement: GBP 3.4 million
- Identified the most suitable standards by comparing various global standards and sourced steel from Chinese vendors, placed fabrication contracts for structures, supervised fabrication, pre-shipping inspection and packing & shipping to meet construction schedules of the project in UK
- Initiated procurement of curtain walls, cladding, doors & windows, kitchens & prefabricated bathrooms (pods)
- Mixed use residential & commercial high-rise development in Green gate Project Salford Manchester UK Value of Procurement: GBP 5 million
- Initiated procurement activities for large quantities of fabricated steel structures including piles for foundations for project construction kick-off
Projects – Draftsman
Bosheh Contracting Establishment, Amman Jordan
- Rehabilitation of Greater Amman Water Supply Scheme C-13 – Prepared shop drawings for ductile iron & HDPE pipe connections (400 mm to 50 mm) including normal service manholes & pressure break tanks, as-built drawings of the works using AutoCAD 2002 & ArcInfo GIS software and shop drawings for additional works not included in the main contract.
- Khaw-Batrawy Main Pipeline – 9 km of DN 700 mm pipes – Prepared as-built drawings including as-built path with coordinate system and profiles of manholes for connections, gate valves & air release valves.
Al Shahbaa Contracting Establishment, Amman Jordan
- Sewer lines in different locations of Madaba town – Prepared as-built drawings including profiles, plans & house connection sheets
Associated Transtech Contracting (ASTRACO), Amman Jordan
- Meridian Hotel (Conference Palace), Amman – Prepared as-built drawings for electromechanical systems – hot & cold water system, firefighting system, drainage & rain water system, HVAC & ducting, lighting, low current systems and power outlets as well as riser diagrams for the systems. (September 2001 – March 2002)
- Jubilee School Project (Client: Noor Al-Hussain Organization), Amman – Prepared as-built drawings for mechanical systems – hot & cold water layout, heating water layout, HVAC/ventilation ducts, rainwater, sewage & firefighting systems layout, boiler rooms & swimming pool plant and external general works and electrical systems – layouts for lighting & power systems and low current systems – fire alarm, computer, camera, speakers & TV. Participated in quantity surveying of electrical & mechanical systems items. (September 1997 – February 1998)
- Nabatean Hotel, Wadi Mousa Petra – Prepared as-built drawings for electromechanical systems – hot & cold water system, firefighting system, drainage & rain water system, HVAC & ducting, lighting, low current systems & power outlets
- Petra Mövenpick Resort, Wadi Mousa Petra – Prepared as-built drawings for electromechanical systems – hot & cold water system, firefighting system, drainage & rain water system, HVAC & ducting, lighting, low current systems & power outlets
The Construction Company for Contracts & Building, Petra Jordan
- Wastewater Project – 6W – executed all office & field works related to as-built, proposed connections of houses to main sewerage pipeline including levels and best connecting points up to existing pipes & manholes
- Wadi Mousa Water Supply & Wastewater Project – Prepared shop drawings for HDPE (63 mm – 25 mm Dia) & ductile iron pipes (100 mm – 200 mm Dia), inspected works – excavation, pipe laying & house connections and prepared detailed connection drawings and as-built drawings.
Education & Qualifications
- World Educational Services (WES/Canada) ECA report on February 03, 2017, Equivalency of my IEMBA/PGSM to a Canadian “Executive Master of Business Administration”.
- Associate Water Asset Manager, (AWAM) Number 53 on 28th. Sep 2016. By BAMI-I, TTC, Ruston, LA, USA.
- Certification of Training in Asset Management (CTAM) – Training program for water & wastewater utility infrastructure management professionals (http://bami-i.com/index.php/ctam) developed by Buried Asset Management Institute – International (BAMI-I) in conjunction with Trenchless Technology Centre at Louisiana Tech University and offered through Benjamin Media – Completed CTAM 400 ( September 2016), CTAM-300 (May 2016), CTAM-200 (September 2015) & CTAM-100 (June 2015).
- Registered Business Analyst (RBA), American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM), March 2015.
- International Executive Master of Business Administration (IEMBA) – Infrastructure Asset Management, Paris Graduate School of Management (PGSM) through Mantissa College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 4th Apr 2015.
- Technical Diploma in Civil Technology – Engineering Drawing (Draughtsman), Technical Institute of Babylon, Ministry of High Education & Technical Research, Iraq, September 1979.
Courses & Certificates
- Train The Trainer (TTT) course on 24th. – 28th. Sep. 2018 by HRDF (Human Resource Development Foundation) & AIM @ Malaysian Water Academy (MWA) @ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, obtaining certificate no. TTT/21782.
- Certificate of satisfactory completion a short course in Microtunneling on 6th – 8th. Feb 2018 by Microtunneling Inc. @Colorado Boulder University, Boulder, CO, USA.
- Certificate of satisfactory completion a short course in Pilot Tube Microtunneling & Auger Boring on 5th. Feb 2018 by Microtunneling Inc. @Colorado Boulder University, Boulder, CO, USA.
- Bestowed the global credential as “Associate Water Asset Manager (AWAM)”, Number 53 on 28th. Sep 2016. Accredited by Buried Asset Management Institute-International- TTC, LaTech University, Ruston, LA, USA.
- Certificate of Completion, Successfully completion the Education & Training and the Necessary requirements and is dully awarded the certificate of completion of Geophysical Investigation Course UIS 401 by Utility Investigation School (UIS), held by TTC of LaTech University in association with UESI of ASCE in Ruston, Louisiana, August 15-19, 2016. (http://ttcspecialtyschools.com/uis/ ).
- Certificate of earning 4 CEU & 40 PDH related to the completion of Education and Training in Utility Investigation School, held in Ruston, Louisiana, USA on August 15-19, 2016.
- Certificate of Completion, Participating in the professional level continuing education program, Midwest Society for Trenchless Technology (MSTT)- Seminar contributed by Trenchless Technology, SSES and BAMI- earning 11 professional development hours (PDH) – Novi, Detroit, USA, on 27th. & 28th. July 2016.
- CTAM-400 Financing Asset Management Programs, BAMI-I & Trenchless Technology Centre – 1 CEU, 10 PDH, September 2016.
- CTAM-300 Managing an Asset Management Program, BAMI-I & Trenchless Technology Centre – 1 CEU, 10 PDH, September 2015.
- CTAM-200 Developing an Asset Management Program, BAMI-I & Trenchless Technology Centre – 1 CEU, 10
- How to be Drought-resilient with a Smart Water Network, Water Utility Asset Management Webinar – 0.1 CEU, 1.0 DPH, June 2015.
- CTAM-100 Overview of Asset Management, BAMI-I & Trenchless Technology Centre – 1 CEU, 10 PDH, June 2015.
- What you need to know about a new FRP jacking pipe option, Trenchless Technology Educational Webinar – 0.15 CEU, 1.5 PDH, April 2015
- Laterals – Assessment, Rehabilitation & Results, Trenchless Technology Educational Webinar – 0.15 CEU, 1.5 PDH, April 2015
- Certificate on Purchasing Management through Completion of “Effective Purchasing, Tendering and Supplier Selection” course at IMTC-International Malaysian Training Centre -on 11th to 15th May 2015 in Malaysia /Kuala Lumpur.
- Bentley MXROAD Certified Course, Bentley Systems South East Asia, Malaysia, June 2011
- AutoCAD 2011 Certified Associate, PDS Centre of Technical Excellence, Precision Design Solutions (M) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia, April 2011
- ArcInfo V7.2 GIS software, Bosheh Contracting Establishment, Amman Jordan, July-October, 2002
- AutoCAD R12, Petra Jordan, February-April 1997
- DOS & Windows Operating Systems, Petra Jordan, December 1997 – January 1997
Conferences, Workshops & Seminars
- International Conference & Exhibition of Underground Construction Technology on 30th.-1st. Jan 2018 @Ernist M. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- British Saving Energy Technology (BEST) exploring seminar on 23rd Oct. 2017 @Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport, Singapore
- The Midwest Society for Trenchless Technology (MSTT), and ASCE southeastern Michigan Branch, The Trenchless Technology Seminar “Trenchless Technology, SSES and Buried Asset Management” @ Hyatt Place-Novi, Michigan, USA on 27, 28 July 2016.
- How to connect software to solve problems, Bentley Connection Events – Forum of Water, Sewer & Stormwater, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 2015
- Why success is not only about money – the French way to do business, Seminar by Professor Oliver Can, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, December 2014
- BIM for the Transportation Industry, Bentley Systems Seminar, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, November 2014
- Received a letter of Appreciation from Benjamin Media (USA) for contributions in editing CTAM 100 Manual – Guide to Water & Wastewater Asset Management, May 2015
- Certificate in Infrastructure Assessment – International workshop –Participant & Lecturer, MTCP-IEWM, KL, Malaysia , 18-28 May 2014
- Malaysian Water Association (MWA) / International- Member No. MO 2241, on 5th. Jul 2018
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) / International- Member No. 03321588, since 10th Jul 2017
- Utility Engineering Surveying Institute (UESI) of ASCE- Member ID 10754585, since 1st Jan 2017
- Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) – Associate Member, ID AM0016, since 18th Sep 2015
- Buried Asset Management Institute – International (BAMI-I) USA – Member since 31st Jul 2015
- American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM) USA – Fellow Member (FAAFM) since 1st Mar 2015
- Pingat Ahli Mahakota Palembang (AMP) – Awarded by Beta Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin III, Palembang Darussalam Sultanate, Southern Sumatra, Indonesia, 19 December 2014
- Date of Birth: 12 April 1960
- Languages: Arabic, English, Chinese – Mandarin
- Nationality & Passport: Iraqi
- Marital Status: Married
- Software: AutoCAD 2D & 3D, ArcInfo V7.2 GIS, Google Sketch Up, Windows Movie Maker, MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Driving License: Iraqi, Omani, Malaysian & Turkish