Download PDF: CV Salam Smesim
Mdm. Salam Smesim Ph.D
|First Names:||Salam Abdul-Karim Mahdi|
|Place & Date of Birth:||Baghdad 1959|
|Matrial Status:||Married, 3 children|
|Degree||Ph.D. in Economics|
|Address:||Iraq, Baghdad, P.O. Box. 60312.|
- D. Economics, College of Administration and Economics (2006). Thesis Title: The general equilibrium between western and Islamic views
- D. Economics, Arab Institute for Higher Studies (1999). Thesis Title: Fiscal Policy in Islamic Economic Thought
- MA International Economics, Arabic Studies Institute (1988). Thesis Title: External Debts and the disarray in the balance of payment, Field Study; Egypt, Sudan and Morocco
- High Diploma, International Economics, Arabic Studies Institute (1987), Dissertation Title: External Debts in Egypt, Sudan and Morocco.
- Sc. Economics, Department of Economics, College of Administration & Economics, University of Baghdad, Iraq. (1981)
- Gender & Vulnerable population Specialist in Taqadum USAID since September 2012 till now
- Economic Advisor for State Ministry for Governorates Affairs Since 2011.
- Visiting Researcher in RHSC-H.E Amman 2009-2010
- Economic Advisor State Ministry for Civil Society 2008-2011
- Program Office/ United Nation University-International Leadership Institute (UNU- ILI) 2008-2009
- Short term consultant, World Bank, 2006
- Responsible for Economic page in (Al-Adalla) newspaper, 2004-2005
- Economic Expert and responsible for (Micro-financed projects) financed by UNDP from 1/9/2001 until 1/3/2002
- Lecturer of Statistics in Al-Mustansiriyha University 1995-1996
- Assistant lecturer, College of Administration and economics (Founder member), University of Kufa (1991-1994)
- Assistant Lecturer (and Director of Management affairs), College of Arts, University of Kufa (1990-1991)
- Lecturer at Ministry of Higher Education and scientific Research, 1994.
- Assistant Lecturer (and Director of Management affairs), College of Jurisprudence, University of Kufa (1989-1990)
- Teacher, Economics subject in Commercial Secondary Schools (1982-1989)
- Specialist of Gender & Vulnerable Population in “Governance strengthens program- Taqadum/ USAID”, since September 2012- till present.
- Commissioner in Iraqi securities commission ISC., 2011-2012
- Fellow Professor in Al-Zaytonah University_ College of Economics- Department of Financial and Banking sciences, Amman- Jordan, 2009
- Member in Preparing Committee of Iraqi Economists Society, 2003-present
- Founder Member College of Administration and Economics University of Kufa (1991-1994)
Published Research papers:
- Investment at Iraq: Looking to the future.( Arab Asian Financial Forum Jakarta Indonesia 5-6 June 2008
- Entrepreneurs Theoretical View (Entrepreneurship conference and Training course UNU/ ILI Amman- Jordan 20- 24 June 2008)
- The Dialogue between Women: Development & Gender, Ministry of state of woman affairs, July 2006.
- The role of Al-Zakat in stimulating investment, Afak-Aktisadia, Union of Commerce and Industries Chambers, UAE (2003).
- Finance Globalization and Arabic-Islamic Investments, Islam and Globalization Conference, Baghdad, Nov. 2002.
- The role of State, Arabic Scientific Research Association Conference, 3/4/2002.
- Islamic Understanding to Social Security Networks, Social Studies, Bait Al-Hikma – No. 12, (2001).
- Arabic living Challenges and the 21st Century, Philosophical Studies, Bait Al-Hikma – Special issue (2001).
- Economics with Israel and its effect on Arabic personality, social studies, Bait Al-Hikma – Special issue (2001).
- New Understanding of working woman’s production, general Union of Iraqi Women J., No. 4 (2001).
- Iraqi Woman: The Political Role, UNU/ ILI, not Published yet.
- Social –and its role in developing structures (from Islamic point of view), Social Studies, Bait Al-Hikma – Special issue (2000).
- Expenses & in Abbased Bait Al-Hikma Era, Economics Studies, and Bait Al-Hikma – Special issue (2000).
- Budget Deficit, Al-Rashid Bank Journal, No. 1, 1989.
- In addition to more than 40 articles published in various newspapers and magazines.
Participating in trainings & Workshops:
As trainer/ Lecturer/ Coordinator:
- Lecturer on line per Islamic Macroeconomic Theory, according to the agreement with SRF Program (Scholar Rescue Fund), 2009
- Coordinator at a Workshop to establish (Independent Commission for Human Rights at Iraq) in Belfast, Vienna and Jordan 2006-2008
- The Third Arabic Asian Financial Summit 5-6 June 2008, Jakarta- Indonesia. (Training- lecturer)
- Third OPEC summit (Leaders of Thought), Saudi Arabia, 9-18/11/2007 (Panelist)
As trainee/ Participant:
- I have my own Radio and TV show yearly during the month of Ramadan which consists of 10 minutes talk about different Islamic Economic themes since 2005-2006
- Building Iraq Future, Professional development and SENSE workshop, USIP, Amman, June 2005.
- International visitor program, State Department, July 2005 Women.
- Merger of Gender analysis in Iraqi Development Planning, UNIFEM, November 2004.
- Volunteer reporter for Danish Radio during Third Gulf war 2003
- Economics Advisor, Ministry of State of Woman Affairs (July 2004- 2008
- President of Department of Women, Al-Nuhouth Al-Fikri Society, 2004-present.
- Al-Nuhouth Al-Fikri Society 2003 till now
- Member in the Islamic Economics Encyclopedia / Bait Al-Hikma 2000 till present
- Iraqi Translation Association 1997 till present
- Arabic Historians Union 1995 till present
- Iraqi Universities Graduates Association
Arabic mother tongue
English fluent in writing, reading and speaking
- Microsoft office (word, excel)
- Power point