ZAID ABDUL-HADI HABA, Ph.D.
Download PDF: CV-Dec 2012- ZAH
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND ADVANCED TRAINING
PhD. Microwaves University College London, UK
M.Sc. Microwaves University College London, UK
B.Sc. (Honours), Electrical Engineering Imperial College London, UK
ITIL ver 3
PMP, ITIL ver3, Project Management, ERP, Information Systems, Databases, Programming, Networking
Information Technology IT Strategic Planning Data Centre Operations
Software Development/Engineering System Implementation Local Area Network
Desktop Technology Project Lifecycle Disaster Recovery
Telecommunications Technology Enterprise Architecure User Training
-Head, Information Technology, International Center For Agricultural Research In The Dry Areas (ICARDA), Aleppo, Syria, 1992 – 1999 and 2001– 2010
-Head, Information Technology Services, Organization for Security and Co-Operation in Europe (OSCE), Vienna, Austria, 1999 – 2001
-Manager, Algorithmic Computer Consultants, Vienna, Austria, 1990 – 1992
-Director, Computer Services, Kuwait University, Kuwait, 1988-1990
-Senior Consultant, Data Processing Service, ADNOC, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 1985-1988
-Head, Data Services Department, OPEC, Vienna, Austria, 1982-1984
-Director, Computer Services, State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP), Baghdad, Iraq, 1974-1982
-Post-Doctoral Fellow, Strathclyde University, Scotland, UK, 1973
–Research Assistant, University College London, UK, 1970-1972
–Assistant Lecturer, College of Engineering, Baghdad University, 1967-1970
Achieved success through:
– Establishing and directing Information Technology departments and projects.
– Developing and implementing Information Systems / Technology Strategies
– Planning and managing Projects to optimize productivity/results and meet deadlines.
– Controlling budgets, resources and IT operations to minimize operating costs.
– Evaluating systems, applications software and tools, PCs, peripherals, networking and communication devices.
– Designing information systems and databases, IT local area and wide area networks and communication links.
– Solving complex software and hardware requirements.
– Building strong working relationships at all levels of the organization to gain individuals’ trust and cooperation.
– Persuasive communication in the selling of ideas, change and solutions.
– Problem/issue identification, investigation, analysis and decisive resolution.
Member, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM), USA, Project Management Institute (PMI), USA
Chartered Member, Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK, Chartered Member, British Computer Society (BCS), UK